About the Drill Hall Cafe
Set in the heart of the historic Drill Hall, the cafe is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a class or event, or simply to catch up with friends or family for lunch or a coffee. It’s where fresh, simple and honest food takes centre stage.
We proudly serve locally sourced and seasonal produce, with wonderful baked goods, all made in-house (including our Drill Hall Cafe Preserves which you can buy to take home with you).
Our inviting space welcomes everyone and is accessible to all, throughout the daytime and for special events. Join us in celebrating community, a warm atmosphere and good food at The Drill Hall Cafe.
The Drill Hall Cafe is open Monday to Saturday (10am – 5pm).
Drill Hall Catering
Hosting an event at the Drill Hall? We can help with our Drill Hall Catering offering (whether you’re looking for a morning coffee or even cheese and wine). If you’re not able to get to the Drill Hall, our food can come to you with our A LA KART service.
Our commitment to sustainability extends beyond taste. As well as keeping suppliers local we also include rescued* food in our menu and in the Drill Hall Cafe Preserves. Our current suppliers are:
- Fareshare * – Jane Street, Leith – Charity & redistributors of excess supermarket and farm surplus food
- Green City Whole Foods – Co-operative delivering fairtrade drinking chocolate and organic fizzy pop
- I.J Mellis – Albion Road – Farmhouse and artisan cheese
- J.K Thomson – Eskmills Park, Musselburgh – Seafood
- Kvasa Bakery – Leith Walk – Artisan sourdough bread
- Mossgiel Organic Farm – Delivery farm fresh milk in reusable containers
- The Sicilian Pastry Shop – Albert Street – Morning rolls and pastries
What Our Customers Say
“Fantastic coffee and great value. Like the vibe.”
Google, June 2023
“Good place for home made soups and other tasty lunches, and lots of room to take a pram or buggy, so ideal for parents or grandparents (like me) of young children.”
Google, May 2023
“Social enterprise cafes don’t come much more professional or enticing than the Drill Hall Cafe.”
The List Eating and Drinking Guide 2018/19