Revision: May 2018
Out of the Blue is an Arts and Education Trust.
Our vision is that Edinburgh becomes a creative, participative city in which everyone is able to access the spaces and resources they require to pursue their own creativity, no matter who they are and what form it may take.
Our mission is to provide affordable and appropriate spaces, resources, projects and opportunities for the residents of Edinburgh to be creative. We seek to make this diversity of creativity more visible and, in doing so, support the creation of cultural, social and economic value within the city.
- The communities we reside in are at the heart of everything we do.
- Those who choose to use our spaces define their own creativity.
- As a Social Enterprise we seek to generate a surplus to support our ability to deliver our mission.
OOTB works in partnership to provide economic, creative, social and educational opportunities, to a significant number of people to make a real difference to their lives.
OOTB welcomes all people, and especially those with protected characteristics in the Equality Act 2010. Namely:
- gender reassignment;
- marriage and civil partnership;
- pregnancy and maternity;
- religion or belief;
- sexual orientation.
If anyone has an experience using our facilities which does not feel safe or if they experience discrimination of any kind, they are encouraged to let us know, as we take these matters seriously.
OOTB recognises that discrimination does and can occur and can be direct, indirect or institutional. OOTB is committed to adopting equal opportunities and anti-bias procedures as an employer and service provider to combat discrimination and value diversity.
Making a positive social impact has always been at the core of OOTB’s work. We recognise the inequality of power relations inherent within society and seek to help redress that balance through supporting social justice, within the charity legislation and laws that relate to our work as a arts and education trust.
OOTB will consider utilising the spaces at the OOTB Drill Hall for events which fit within our vision, Equalities Commitment and social impact agenda. We will not consider supporting any activity which is considered by the OOTB Manager and Board of Directors to perpetuate disadvantage or discrimination, and not be in keeping with the vision, mission and values of OOTB.
Event, rehearsal, exhibitions, meetings, performances and classes bookings are arranged by OOTB staff. If a member of staff feels that a booking could potentially be in contravention of the above policy they will consult the OOTB Manager who if in doubt will in turn consult with appropriate members of staff and the OOTB Board for a decision on whether the booking should be taken.
Bookings cancellation policies
Out of the Blue cancellation Policy
Once a booking has been confirmed, the cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellation up to 31 days before the first date of booking: we will refund the amount
received so far less £10 admin fee (cancel31).
- Cancellation up to 14 days before the first date of booking: we will credit 50% of the
amount received or invoiced so far or £20 (whichever is larger) and retain the rest
- Cancellation less than 14 days before: the full amount is due.
Cancellation of equipment hire
- The charges for these will be waived, as long as the event is cancelled more than
72 hours before commencement.
- Cancellation less than 72 hours: the full equipment hire charge is payable.
- Where a substitute booking of equivalent value is booked and confirmed at the time
of cancellation, up to 25% of the previously invoiced or received amount can be set
against the new booking at the discretion of the Bookings Manager.